E-mail commit directly to users

Dear rs,

A situation :
You have enabled e-mail commits and
1) You need to fill in the e-mail addresses of the project members (without using a mailinglist)
2) one or more project members change their e-mail addresses.
etc. etc.

it would take away lots of troubles and save time if you could type in the username in the e-mail addresses input field (or a seperate field if usernames can be constructed as e-mail addresses, if someone can register a username in this form ...[at]...[dot]...)instead of the e-mail adresses or both.

It’s very useless if a developer want to keep his/her e-mail private but it can happen, then you might have a option in user settings : keep e-mail address private for other users.

You’re right if you say/think users can report it theirselves if they change their e-mail addresses. Anyway, the project leader still needs to head over to the repository settings and needs to change their e-mail addresses manually, again, and again, and again.

I hope this explanation is obvious enough to understand. If not, I’ll try another way.

What are your opinions?

Forum Topic Options

Feeds

Forum Topic and Comments

rs on Fri 08 May, 2009

In the new system, subscription settings will be MUCH easier. I’ll try to post a blog with screenshots from the development version sometime soon.

So, this is how it’s going to work:

1. Repository users can add in whatever email addresses that they want (as it is right now)
  2. Users who are permissioned on the repository can pick whether they want to send the commit email messages to their default email address, or put in a custom one for each repository

rs on Thu 23 Jul, 2009

Beta testing signup is now open. This new feature should be there once the new version goes live

You do not have sufficient permissions to comment