SVN repository names...

Just found this place. Great, Thanks a lot!

However, I just created the first svn repository and noticed it automatically generates a name along the line of <myusername>-<projectname>.

Is there a way to drop the <username> or make this more generic? I am just joining someone elses project, suggested to start version control and am setting this up. It doesn’t seem ideal to have my user name in the svn URL. The originator could do it to have his – but what’s the point of this restriction? Why not just have the project name and if it’s taken one has to select something else? Or maybe I am missing something?

Thanks again. / m

Forum Topic Options

Feeds

Forum Topic and Comments

rs on Tue 05 May, 2009

A new version of xp-dev.com is coming up toward early june that will lift this restriction. I agree its a little annoying and not very good for branding your project/company on xp-dev.com

rs on Wed 06 May, 2009

Please carry on using it. The database schema on xp-dev.com is actually quite straight forward, but there’s a lot of jiggery-pokery-black-magic-voodoo on the middle tier to get get everything singing and dancing. So, do carry on. Renaming repositories should be much simpler in the future

You do not have sufficient permissions to comment