"underscore" changed to "hyphen/dash" in repository name?

Hi everyone,

until not long ago, the full repository name used to be defined by joining the user name with the desired repository name and an underscore “_” character in the middle. We didn’t have a choice about that.

Now, it looks like something has changed and the full repository name is being formed by stringing the user name, an hyphen “-” character and the desired repository name. I don’t think we have a choice here either.

The result is that now part of my repository names start with “xyz-...” and the others with “xyz_...”, and it is really a pain because I have to keep remembering which one uses the old convention and which one does not...

Is there anything I can do about that? Ideally, I’d like to keep everything exactly as it was (always string the names together with an underscore character). At least, I’d like to be given a chance to convert the old repository names to this new convention. This would be a pain as well, I’d have to update all my instruction pages, update my hyperlink references and probably checkout everything again...

Why did it have to change in the first place?

(No personal hard feelings, it is just that I’d rather be doing other things instead of updating broken references in my spare time...)

Cheers!

Forum Topic Options

Feeds

Forum Topic and Comments

rs on Sat 14 Mar, 2009

hi – very valid points. In the next version (going to be released in a few weeks time), it will be free form (no prefixing with your username)

I do appologise for the pain you’re going through, but it will all be solved soon :)

You do not have sufficient permissions to comment