How do I manage my bug list?

Hi there,

I can’t figure out how to sort, search, prioritize, or organize my bugs in any way. I have found the filters, but that does not help me. I want to be able to find all bugs that have certain words in the title or description. I want to be able to filter bugs by severity or priority. I have not found any tools to help me manage my, soon to be very large, bug database.

Thank you
Les

Forum Topic Options

Feeds

Forum Topic and Comments

rs on Thu 10 Oct, 2013

Sorry for a late response.

Had some thoughts about this. There are plans on making the bug-tracker a bit easier to use, however, it will be a bit further down the line – perhaps in a couple of months.

In the meantime, you could use a Trac project instead ? Seeing that you’re not really using Stories/Tasks, or iterations, Trac might be a better option as it supports having a flat list of bugs.

rs on Mon 14 Oct, 2013

Do give a shout if you need any help with setting up a Trac project (just need to create a project of type ‘Trac’ rather than ‘XPDev’)

LesB on Sat 09 Nov, 2013

I got my Trac project up and running. I have merged all bugs over to this new project. It definitely seems to better fit my needs. Thank you for the info.

You do not have sufficient permissions to comment