Can "permissioned" users set the iteration when they create a story?

It seems that if I create a project and give other users permission to write to that project they can create stories but the iteration dropdown isn’t available. Is the way it is? If so is there some way I can provide certain users with the ability to set the iteration?

Thanks

Forum Topic Options

Feeds

Forum Topic and Comments

rs on Fri 17 Jul, 2009

Hi – that was one of the not too smart design decisions made by me. The idea was that iterations should span across projects. This of course can lead to a situation where stories can be “stolen” away from the project owners. So, I decided to only allow the owner of the project to reassign a story to a different iteration.

Which was/is a silly decision as 99% of the time, users tend to create iterations and compose them with items from the same project. So, in the new version of xp-dev.com (beta testing should start soon! am waiting for hardware to arrive) all users with write permissions will be able to move items between iterations

rs on Thu 23 Jul, 2009

I’ve just made an announcement on getting signed up for beta testing feel free to sign up if you’re up for it. It should begin around 1st Aug 2009

You do not have sufficient permissions to comment