Public Ticket Permissions or Interface

Hi,

I’ve been looking around for weeks and haven’t found anything that definitely suits these needs... So I had to ask.

Trac is GREAT for developers. However, we need a way for software users (non-developers) to submit tickets. The key issue here is that they shouldn’t be able to see source code from within XP-Dev interface nor the Trac interface. Also wouldn’t want non-developer users editing tickets the users didn’t create. There are probably other things that would need restricting, I’m sure you get the idea.

So, is there a way to configure Trac and XP-Dev project interfaces this way? Or is there some other tool we can integrate that will work this way?

Thanks

Forum Topic Options

Feeds

Forum Topic and Comments

rs on Fri 04 Mar, 2011

This can be done via Trac and we’re supporting a number of paid account holders who do this custom permissioning on their Trac projects. What we essentially do is open up the permission admin panel for them and they adjust the project permissions accordingly to their workflow. As far as I can remember there are at least 2 other teams that I can remember of the top of my head that have done exactly what you’re describing above.

Since you’re a paid account holder, do you mind raising a support ticket and describe this please ? Do put your Trac project URL as well and I’ll walk you through how it can be done.

rs on Fri 04 Mar, 2011

Not sure about that really. I’ll try digging around but haven’t seen anything like that in the past. If you know of a way, then please do tell and I’ll update your project.

You do not have sufficient permissions to comment