Using Trac with Mercurial

slr. picture slr. on Mon 06 Dec, 2010 18:34:35 +0000

Hi!

My company has just started using xp-dev and my project manager really wants me to convert our Mercurial project to SubVersion, because we are going to use Trac. On your website it says that you can “Link Subversion commits to Trac tickets”.
But here in the forums I just read that you have made some hooks for Mercurial to work with Trac.

Can you tell me how “good” the Mercurial integration with Trac is, compared to SubVersion integration (with Trac)?
In other words: Is there any significant differences/shortcomings to Mercurial<->Trac integration or can I persuade my project manager that Mercurial will work just as well with Trac so we don’t have to convert our project?

Thanks in advance.

BR
/Sune Riedel

Forum Topic Options

Feeds

Forum Topic and Comments

rs on Mon 06 Dec, 2010

Mercurial (and even Git) integration with Trac should be as good as Subversion integration.

All of them call the same hook and the underlying repository (as far as I can tell) is actually abstracted out.

Give it a whirl and see if you like it, I would say :)

slr. on Tue 07 Dec, 2010

Thanks for your answer – maybe you should mention in the feature list, that Trac integration also works for Mercurial and Git...

rs on Tue 07 Dec, 2010

Yes, I should :)

There’s a new homepage coming out at the beginning of 2011.

You do not have sufficient permissions to comment