Bug with git commit email notifications

jsvazic picture jsvazic on Mon 06 Sep, 2010 23:46:37 +0000

There seems to be a minor bug with the git commit email notifications being sent out. I’m getting the second-to-latest commit message on any new commits to my git repository. For example, I just committed and rather than getting my latest commit message, I got the previous one instead. Note that this is just the email messages, I see that the repository, etc, are up-to-date correctly, so nothing is being lost.

Forum Topic Options

Feeds

Forum Topic and Comments

rs on Tue 07 Sep, 2010

I can’t seem to reproduce the bug in the exact same fashion that you’re describing.

Here’s what happens for me:

1. The latest revision in the repository is aaaa
  2. I push 3 new commit revisions to the repository: bbbb, bbbc, bbbd
  3. The email notification sends out everything, including the current HEAD revision (i.e. aaaa)
  4. The email generated would have revisions aaaa, bbbb, bbbc, bbbd all included, with aaaa at the top of the email (first entry)

By right, the email notification should not include aaaa (which I’ve just logged in as a bug).

Is that what you see as well ? If no, do you mind raising a support ticket with the details of your repository ?

rs on Tue 19 Feb, 2013

Some point last year we changed our Git viewer code – this should be fixed as we can’t seem to reproduce it, but if you think it still exist, then please do tell.

You do not have sufficient permissions to comment