Slow Repository Browser navigation

Hi,

it takes about 15-30 seconds to navigate via RepoBrowser from one folder to another (my folders are empty now or contain 1-2 files). However uploading files is fast enough.

Forum Topic Options

Feeds

Forum Topic and Comments

rs on Thu 11 Mar, 2010

What is RepoBrowser ? Are you talking about xp-dev.com’s internal online web repository browser ?

rs on Sat 13 Mar, 2010

15 seconds is too long – I’m not sure what RepoBrowser does, but I would raise this with them. Its likely that they’re doing some operations unnecessarily.

Additionally, I would check that there’s nothing on your PC that’s delaying the requests. I remember being on the phone with someone trying to debug a performance problem and it turned out that there was a piece of security software that was delaying certain HTTP requests (I can’t remember which). The requests were reaching the server a few seconds apart.

rs on Sun 14 Mar, 2010

Try using the command line Subversion client and see if that makes a difference. The command line client is pretty simple in what it does, but would be a good test.

You do not have sufficient permissions to comment

14 years ago
rs picture
rs picture

Comment: 15 seconds is too long - I'm not sure what RepoBrowser does, but I would raise this with them. Its likely that they're doing some operations unnecessarily. I don't think its specific to xp-dev.com.15 seconds is too long - I'm not sure what RepoBrowser does, but I would raise this with them. Its likely that they're doing some operations unnecessarily. Additionally, I would check that there's nothing on your PC that's delaying the requests. I remember being on the phone with someone trying to debug a performance problem and it turned out that there was a piece of security software that was delaying certain HTTP requests (I can't remember which). The requests were reaching the server a few seconds apart.

rs picture
rs picture

View View full history